Acne vulgaris; Cystic acne; Pimples;
Acne is a skin condition that causes pimples or "zits." This includes whiteheads, blackheads, and red, inflamed patches of skin (such as cysts).
Causes, incidence, and risk factors
Acne occurs when tiny holes on the surface of the skin become clogged. These holes are called pores.
- Each pore opens to a follicle. A follicle contains a hair and an oil gland. The oil released by the gland helps remove old skin cells and keeps your skin soft.
- When glands produce too much oil, the pores can become blocked. Dirt, bacteria, and cells build up. The blockage is called a plug or comedone.
- If the top of the plug is white, it is called a whitehead
- If the top of the plug is dark, it is called a blackhead
- If the plug breaks open, swelling and red bumps occur.
- Acne that is deep in your skin can cause hard, painful cysts. This is called cystic acne.
Acne is most common in teenagers, but anyone can get acne, even babies. Three out of four teenagers have some acne. Hormonal changes may cause the skin to be more oily.
Acne tends to run in families. It may be triggered by:
- Hormonal changes related to puberty, menstrual periods, pregnancy, birth control pills, or stress
- Greasy or oily cosmetic and hair products
- Certain drugs (such as steroids, testosterone, estrogen and phenytoin)
- High levels of humidity and sweating
Research does not show that chocolate, nuts, and greasy foods cause acne. However, diets high in refined sugars may be related to acne.
Acne commonly appears on the face and shoulders, but it may also occur on the trunk, arms, legs, and buttocks.
- Crusting of skin bumps
- Papules (small red bumps)
- Redness around the skin eruptions
- Scarring of the skin
When hair, sebum and skin cells form a block and bacteria get to this we get eruptions called pimples. Some pores and oil glands get clogged and result in pimples. The recurrence of pimples is called acne. Hormonal changes are another major cause.
Eating chocolates or fried stuff will not make too much of a difference, but healthy eating -3 servings a day of fruits and vegetables will help. We need to drink a lot of water, have meals with whole grains and greens to avoid constipation.
- Wash your hands frequently and try not to touch your face too often.
- Keep your hair from falling on the face or forehead.
- Avoid the use of make-up; try to let the pores breathe.
- Don’t squeeze or pinch the pimples as the membrane gets ruptured and causes the sebum and bacteria spread.
- Don’t wash your face more than twice because the more we wash the sebaceous glands become more active and produce more sebum.
- Instead of soap use powder made from dried orange peels or use a paste of fresh orange or lemon peels.
- Apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on the pimples, it will soothe and heal the pimples.
- Apple cider is extremely powerful cure to clear the pimple scars as well as pimples. Mix ½ teaspoon in a cup of water. Apply gently on the entire affected area with cotton wool and leave overnight.
- Garlic is an excellent cure for acne - A freshly sliced pod can be gently applied on the pimple or a juice of garlic can be used, and left on for at least ½ hour. Although this stinks it is a pretty effective method.
- Using raw papaya is a splendid method; grated papaya can be squeezed through a muslin cloth and the juice can be used. The enzyme papain is very suitable.
- The juice of mint leaves applied overnight for 2 weeks constantly will clear acne.
- A blend of honey and limejuice can prove to help with constant usage.
- Change your pillow cover every day so that the infection has no way of getting back to you.
- Gently apply some ice on your face after a warm water bath so that the pores close.
These remedies can be used for pimples and acne on the face, neck and shoulders. Women do get pimples with their menstrual cycles, which fade away on their own. Sometimes people inherit this dreaded ailment.
Beauty is cherished by every individual irrespective of their sexes, age or characteristics. People are always concerned about how they look and are they presentable. Outer beauty can even take over inner beauty at times. Pimples is a very common skin problem that can attack anybody whether it is a teenager, adolescent, a young lady or elderly person. Pimple looks awful and thus ayurvedic tips must be followed to remove pimples as well as the pimple marks.
Have you heard anybody saying, he or she is happy with way the way they look with the pimple on. No, that cannot be possible because nobody is happy having those upsetting and ugly pimple marks on their face. Ayurveda have introduced some really effective and simple treatments for removing the pimple marks or lightening the marks so that they become less noticeable. But for this you must opt for a correct type of pimple reducing and healing treatments. Ayurveda is not only simple it is also inexpensive. For opting for the treatment you do not have to search stores. Every required thing is available at home itself. Some of the herbs are easily found in the kitchen garden as well. Home remedies from ayurveda cost you almost nothing. Below in this article there are some ayurvedic tips to remove pimple marks and stay beautiful.
For removing pimple marks and acne marks there are almost a bundle full of simple home remedies. The easiest of them all is application of ice cube over the affected area. This method helps a lot in smoothing your skin also. This is the cheapest of all the remedies that you may like to follow. This home remedy can actually do wonders for you. It not only reduces the pimple marks but at the same time it offers a fresh glow for your skin.
Other than ice cubes you can also apply various juices also like lemon juice and cucumber juice. Lemon juice improves the texture of your skin and lightens the pimple marks. Lemon juice should not be applied with hands. You must soak cotton balls in the lemon juice and then apply it to the pimpled areas that require treatment. The juice of cucumber also helps in lessening the scars of pimple and at the same time they also calm the itching. This juice must be applied to the skin for about 20 to 25 minutes and allow the skin to soak as much juice as it can. Tomato raw pulp can also be applied to your skin to get rid of pimple scars. Apply tomato pulp for a hour and then wash it off with warm water or with towel dipped in warm water. All these simple home remedies can work wonders for your skin and provide you with fresh and beautiful skin.
Unlike medicines these remedies may require a little effort and energy but they are very effective and almost negligible in cost. With little patience and efforts you can acquire a skin you have always hoped for. You deserve the best and to get the best you must have to fight for it. By donating a little time for yourself you can become more beautiful and confident enough to face the world. Numerous strategies and ayurvedic tips can be followed to get the get results that too without investing mone