Hair greying Therpy
Grey hair is becoming common nowadays and no one are able to get rid of this. Through the natural process of graying of hair is observed for long, however, these days this phenomenon is becoming more common in earlier ages and even in teenagers its frequency is increasing at an alarming rate.
It affects all populations indiscriminately and almost all age groups and gender, men, women, teenagers and even children too.
How we define premature gray hair?
The premature hair gray is nothing but a process where the pigment is not being produced from the cells which produces color said by a well-known dermatologist named Jeffrey Benabio.Graying of hair is a natural process and as the man ages the capability to synthesize the normal amount of melanin pigment (the one responsible for giving black color to the hair) declines this ultimately results in grey or whitening of hair.
However, if the hairs grey earlier in life i.e. premature graying is connected to some pathologies and bad habits and therapeutics may be required for it.
The reasons behind premature graying of hair
- The causes of grey hair is still a debate and new research insights are being harvested to reach a to final conclusion to address this condition. Genetics, vitamins, habits of smoking and lack of proper diet are responsible for grey hair causes.
- The main reason for the grey hair is genetic i.e. the offspring is more prone to have grey hair earlier in life if its parent has the grey hair at early ages. Only not that the scientists discovered that our hair turns gray if the overload of melanin and hydrogen peroxide is found in the body genetically.
- Vitamin and minerals, especially vitamin B12, zinc and copper are responsible for the proper nourishment of the hair that assists metabolic processes involved in giving hair its natural color and deficiency of these vitamins and minerals affects the hair color.
- If the body is suffering from the lacks of vitamin C and E, then the hair turns into gray very normally.
- Smoking is also one of the factors which is responsible for premature graying of hair. One reason is that smoking is the source of development of free radicals in the body of the smoker and these free radicals cause oxidative stress in the body, leading to decrease in the pigmenting capacity of the melanin and resulting in graying of hairs.
- Diet especially junk foods or processed food accelerate aging by increasing the oxidative stress and deposition of AGE`s (Advanced Glycation Endproducts) which accelerates aging and results in loss of hair colors.
- The people who are highly addicted for junk foods rather than the nutritious (vitamin C and E) will lose their nice and silky black hair at a very young age.
Some tips for getting rid of premature gray hair
- Now, if someone is at high risk of having the grey hair and both parents are victims of premature hair graying then you should take the proper precautions to delay graying of hairs.
- The precautions include avoiding direct exposure to the sunlight, use of antioxidants, nicotinamide and elemental zinc and copper will help to prevent the high risk group against premature hair graying.
- Of course, people will get plentiful benefits if they become highly conscious about their daily eating habits and healthy lifestyle.
Natural ways for avoiding premature graying of hair
- Natural remedies are also the noticeable ones to prevent premature graying of hairs. Natural herbs are a rich source of antioxidants mainly flavanoids which have multiple roles in pathologies also have a role in preventing premature graying of hair.
- Curry is proven to boost up the melanin production the iodine and zinc and copper rich foods, especially the sea foods are also a good source to fight against the premature hair graying.
- Black walnuts are very useful in making the hair black and they can impart black color to your hair for long and is a useful and economical remedy which could be used to hide your grey hairs.
- Combination of sesame oil, carrot juice and fenugreek seeds is used by ayurvedic practitioners as the remedy against grey hair. Use sesame oil and carrot juice in same ratio, e.g. one cup sesame oil one cup carrot juice and half the amount of fenugreek seed powder i.e. half cup.
- Mix all of these in a clear bottle and keep in the sunlight for 21days. Apply this mixture for 3 months to your hair and it will help you to avoid premature graying of hair.
How to cover if fails the natural ways?
If the natural ways of these fail, then lots of synthetic dyes are marketed which peoples usually use for the hair blackening dyes which transiently imparts the black color to the hair but it isn’t the long term solution.